North Beck Energy Centre at the Port of Immingham
Plans are being drawn up by project developer North Beck Energy to build a £170 million Energy Centre at Immingham for generating energy, approximately 50% of which would be classified as renewable, on an industrially zoned site close to the Port of Immingham.
This web site explains what is involved and gives you the chance to make any observations or comments before a planning application is submitted to North East Lincolnshire Council, expected by early in the New Year. (As part of the planning process you will, of course, have the opportunity to comment on the application once it is submitted and published).
To download a PDF version of this website click the "Download" link at the bottom of the page: this will be particularly useful if you are on slow connections or simply want a hard copy for reference. If you would like to leave your feedback on the proposal please follow the link to the Feedback Page or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
In summary, the North Beck Energy Centre will have the following benefits:
- The creation of 350 jobs during the three-year construction phase.
- 40 permanent full-time jobs operating the plant for a minimum of 25 years.
- Substantial indirect employment, and investment, in transport; training; and other support industries.
- Expected contribution to the local authority, through business rates, of £1.5m+ per annum.
- The opportunity to recover electrical energy from pre-treated and processed industrial and household refuse which would otherwise be disposed of into landfill sites or even sent to Europe for power generation there.
- The generation of 50 MW (megawatts) of badly needed dependable electricity generation for the local grid, delivering the equivalent of the annual average consumption in 80,000 homes.
- Investment of significant, privately sourced capital expenditure, worth £170m, in a disadvantaged region - without the need for any government or other public subsidies or grants.
Please take a look at what is involved and, if you wish, leave your comments using the form on the feedback page. If you have any questions about this consultation process, please contact our Community Liaison Team by e-mail at email@example.com
Ray Tucker - CEO
North Beck Energy Ltd